Traffic Control Specialist
LS Traffic Control, Inc., Inc. is an exciting family-run company protecting work zones all over Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. It is easy to join us, and rewarding to be part of our team! This is a perfect opportunity for starting a career with amazing growth potential and benefits. LS Traffic Control, Inc. will provide you with the training and knowledge needed to ensure regulations and procedures are properly carried out. This position is full-time, and work locations can vary depending on the clients needs.
What does a Traffic Control Specialist/Flagger do?
- Safely control the movement of vehicular traffic through work zones using a stop/slow paddle.
- Protect the lives of motorists, pedestrians, customers, co-workers and themselves in work zones.
- Maintain a consistent and unrelenting focus on safety throughout all job functions.
- Warn workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle/equipment inspections.
- Position temporary work zones using advance warning signs, traffic cones, barrels and other equipment.
- Load and unload LS Traffic Control, Inc. company truck with equipment.
- Drive the LS Traffic Control, Inc. company truck to and from the work sites.
- Keep equipment and LS Traffic Control, Inc. company trucks well organized and in working order.
- Be professional and courteous treating customers, including agitated drivers, as if each is a member of our family.
- Provide on-time arrival and a safe work zone.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations.
- Maintain constant communication with work crew and co-workers using 2-way radios or other means of communication.
LS Traffic Control, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for qualified candidates to interview. To apply, stop by our office to fill out an application.